VOISS is a virtual reality experience that uses social situations and scenarios to effectively teach and support middle school student practice of social skills.
- VOISS is an acronym that stands for Virtual realities to Integrate Social Skills.
- With 140 scenarios, covering 183 skills, VOISS offers unparalleled, broad and deep coverage of social skill instruction for middle school students.
- Within each scenario, students are taught specific skills, while also practicing related skills and being assessed for learning along the way.
- VOISS provides experiences across multiple school-based environments (e.g., classroom, bus, hallways) where middle school students move through social stories and are presented with social situations where they need to problem solve interactions.
- As they react and respond to situations, VOISS offers explicit feedback on student decisions, reflecting on the appropriateness of the decision and how to potentially problem solve in the future.
- VOISS is designed for iPads, Google Chromebooks, laptops, and wearable virtual reality devices.